I am a victim of domestic violence

In Divorce Law
I do not want to file 498a on my husband. Right now I want separation peacefully. I don't no how he is going to react but in case if he try to create problems for me, i will complain to the police. Can I file a case after few years. Can I use my daughter as a proof. She knows everything. What shall I do? He is harassing me till now, he wants me to leave the house. I do not have house. Now he is going to my relatives and creating unnecessary problems for me.

Answers (5)

192 votes

You should send a legal notice for divorce to your husband and if he does not comes to term with regard to the mutual divorce then you can go ahead and file a divorce on the grounds of cruelty and you can also file a maintain petition, as your husband is obligated under the eyes of law to maintain you and your daughter.

For any further legal assistance please feel free to contact.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

171 votes

hello mam as the incidences you have mentioned here is seems to be the veey wrong behaviour towards the wife from the sise of the husband. in this matter you should file court cases and teach your husband a leason which he really desreves .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
215 votes

You need not file a 498a case against your husband but you can always file a DV case against him and claim your monthly maintenance and separate residence. You can also file a mutual divorce petition if the situation is worse. You have got so many options. For more legal assistance I am just a call away.

225 votes

You may submit your apprehension intimation to police and file judicial separation at the concerned court. You being a wife will have rights of maintenance for your child n u with other reliefs under DV Act…kindly b in touch

164 votes

You can file domestic violence case as well as divorce case for peaceful separation, you can also approach for mediation to compromise the case before court, also would like to tell that you and your daughter is eligible for maintenance too. You can file maintenance case for monthly expenditures. For further queries you can contact me.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles