×

quesHusband not wiling to divorce.I want to marry other boy

My husband is harassing me mentally. He is not ready to divorce me. We don't even have any physical relation since my baby was born around couple of years back. I love a different person and want to marry him. But my husband is very cruel. I am afraid of getting my lover harmed. Please suggest how can I take divorce and marry my lover?

• ansDissolution of marriage is most convenient if both of agree for mutual consent divorce in which circumstances it does not take more than 6 months.

So convince your husband to do so. If he does not agree then you have to file suit for contested divorce.

As far as harassment and torture to you is concerned , you are free to file case under section 498A of Indian Penal Code and under Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act.