husband influenced by family to divorce wife

My husband has been influenced by his parents to divorce me, we have been married for past 1 year, the marriage was against their wishes, but now husband says he is tired of living with me as I keep ill all the time and wants to divorce me. I have been hospitalized 10 times since my marriage, I myself dont know why I keep falling sick, even doctors aren't able to find anything abnormal. I have always been depressed since my marriage and my husband without knowing disturbs me a lot mentally, I was once admitted to the hospital on account of physchosis, now he says he will use that against me while filing for divorce, I am not mentally ill, Its just that he has tortured me emotionally and mentally a lot that I behaved out of my mind. I believe in marriage, its a lifetime commitment for me and I love him a lot too. I don't want divorce. I just want to know what if I am not agreeing for divorce, can he still get it by proving I am not fit to live with him? I am also afraid as I have been threatened a lot by some people that his lawyers will get you to agree for divorce. Please help.

Answers (1)

397 votes
You cant be forced to divorce your husband. If he files for divorce then you can contest it on merits. And you should keep all the copies of your doctor's reports wherein doctors have said there is nothing wrong with your health.
May be the regular mental torture is getting on your nerves.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles