×

quesHow to take divorce with wife staying abroad

Wife left India for studies immediately after marriage and did not return since then she used to stay in touch by phone calls initially but slowly and gradually she ceased to have all conversations. It has been 6 years and she has not come back to remarry the husband wants to file divorce against her but he does not know where does she stay and her parents also don't know her details please advise how can he take divorce and on what grounds?

• ansYou have to file a divorce before the jurisdiction court and you have to state the address which is know to you i.e in India and abroad. Take the divorce or else you have to file civil suit stating that you haven't seen her for more than 7 years and she can be declared as a dead as civil death. Also lodge police complaint and make request in the U.S.A embassy.