How to protect oneself from allegation of having Illicit Relationship

I had a friend on facebook who often chat with me about her married life problems and about her mentally retarded girl. She wanted to get divorce due to her own reasons. I suggest her to settle her matter in presence of the parents but some day she left her house and began to live with her parents. Now her husband has filed a case of 156(3) and had mentioned my name as accused of having illicit relationship. He's made a fake witness saying that I'd stayed his house with her wife for 3 days while I've never gone his house bcoz I'm 80% physically disabled person. His fake witness has given his fake statement to investigation officer. His wife has filed 3 cases of DV, custody and maintenance against his husband. The cases are in court going on. Please suggest me how to protect myself from this matter. Thanks!

Answers (1)

Dear Queriest
You have not mentioned specifically about the contents of 156(3). But in general, if there is an apprehension of your arrest you can go for anticipatory bail.Kindly contact a local lawyer in your area to help you out in this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am Hindu by religion Mere husband ne pehle section 9 dala,phir NCR dala....uske baad Mene 498a,domestic,406,maintainance dala....par mein abhi bhi J…

Read More

Sir/ madam, I got married on 2012 and have a 20 month old daughter. I am staying separated for last 1yr. Now I want divorce and as per law I will get …

Read More

Daughter in law (widow) suiting father-in-law for maintnce. Has she any grounds to sue father-in-law and brother in law both of whom are poor for…

Read More

Marriage was registered under special marriage act. Wife was under going medical treatment as she was having some gyano problem. But she left without …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue