×

How to protect oneself from allegation of having Illicit Relationship

I had a friend on facebook who often chat with me about her married life problems and about her mentally retarded girl. She wanted to get divorce due to her own reasons. I suggest her to settle her matter in presence of the parents but some day she left her house and began to live with her parents. Now her husband has filed a case of 156(3) and had mentioned my name as accused of having illicit relationship. He's made a fake witness saying that I'd stayed his house with her wife for 3 days while I've never gone his house bcoz I'm 80% physically disabled person. His fake witness has given his fake statement to investigation officer. His wife has filed 3 cases of DV, custody and maintenance against his husband. The cases are in court going on. Please suggest me how to protect myself from this matter. Thanks!

Dear Queriest
You have not mentioned specifically about the contents of 156(3). But in general, if there is an apprehension of your arrest you can go for anticipatory bail.Kindly contact a local lawyer in your area to help you out in this.

Advocate Preeti Joshi