how to get girl home post court marriage

My elder brother gas done an inter-caste court marriage last year with my families permission but the girl's family is not ready to accept this marriage. Now a situation has come where the girl's family is not letting her come to my family and they are manipulating her with the same old emotional drama. The girl is also willing to come but she is under extreme pressure from her family. We have all the documents related to the marriage but don't know how to proceed. What should we do?

Answers (1)

473 votes
Let your brother move to the court and file a case under Section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act for restitution of conjugal rights against her, whereafter it will become clear if she has abandoned your brother out of her own free will or is being detained by her parents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles