How to get divorce on grounds of interference by wife's family?

m married since last 6 month nd wife is pregnant.i want divorce due to interference of her family members in our family decision.they threaten us to file a case against our family lyk498A nd all. i belong to hindu religion.

Answers (2)

327 votes

Don't take decision in haste. Try to short out the issue with discussion and deliberation. However, if the deadlock still persist, contact a good lawyer with all relevant facts/papers for redressal of your issue.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

186 votes

Dear Client,
Yes, you can file a divorce petition in the respective Family Court on the basis of cruelty. You can file a divorce petition under section 13 of Hindu marriage act. You can also file a complain case for any criminal activity.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles