How can I file for divorce

I want to divorce my wife and end my 10years of marriage. I have applied for Australian visa and don't want her to accompany me. I want divorce to happen mutual but 'cos my my family I am not able to. It's been 18months since we are living apart. My question is: 1. Will my Visa get affected if I get divorced? 2. Living apart from each other for 18months, will court ask us to stay together for 6months or plus? 3. If it is mutual then how long is the procedure

Answers (2)

135 votes

To maintain a petition for divorce solid reasons should be given including proof of the same including documentary just on filmsy grounds you cannot file case for divorce and more over you have not mentioned about children born out of the wedlock

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

290 votes

1) Your visa will not get effected if you get divorced. 2) As a statutory rules you need to wait for 6 months even if you file a mutual divorce though you stay separately from each other as husband and wife. Mutual Divorce will take around 7 months from the date of filing of petition.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles