How can i file for Divorce

Hi, My self and my wife seperated, we have a daughter, my daughter is being taken care by her mother. My wife has filed a partition suite on all our family properties. My Questions: 1. 75 cents ancestral land is transferred to my sister by my father before my daughter's birth. Does she gets share in that? 2. I have been paying maintenance for my daughter, still her partition suite is allowed or not?

Answers (1)

276 votes

Your daughter will get share from your share of property. She will not get any share from the property transferred to your sister.

Your daughter is your legal heir and she has right over the property that you inherited from your father. she also has a right on your self earned property (assuming you do not write a will or gift to others during your life time). A suit for partition is based on this right.

Maintenance is also based on her rights. Maintenance rights and Rights on property are two different rights and cannot be clubbed.

in fact, the daughter has the right to ask you to provide her maintenance till her marriage from your self earned and ancestral properties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles