How can I claim maintenance from my husband

I file domestic violence and maintanance case agaist my husband and inlaws in court. I am living with my parents with my 2 husband doing business with my fatherinlaw at rental shop. They earn 5000-6000 per day. But i dont have income proof of his income. My husband not pay income tax. Is life style and expances can be can i get maintanance from my husband and inlaws.

Answers (2)

206 votes

You can take picures of the shop of your husband and you can get the documents of his sales tax . If he his not registered with sales tax you can make a complaint to sales tax department and then they will get all the proof you want .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

230 votes

You can get maintenance only from your husband, not from your in-laws.

Not your husband's lavish lifestyle, but his assets i.e. moveable or immovable property in his name, may be a good evidence of his income.

If you have filed maintenance case under section 125 of CrPC, then in the absence of proper proof of your husband's income, you won't get much as maintenance.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles