×

quesharassment by in-laws,seeking help

I am married since march 2014. My in laws harass me every day for every single thing in the house, thereby making my life miserable. my mother in law had major influence on my husband n he agrees to whatever wrong she says. she creates scene and lies to him for petty issues. my husband is in Australia. he is not PR, he always demand money from me for his settlement it's about 9 lakh. my mother in law and her two daughter and their husband and their children they all are living together. my mother in law and two sister in law harassing me everyday. they thrown me out frm home in dec 2014.for the past 4 months I'm staying with my parents.my husband had came my parents home and commited dat he will carry me soon frm here. But he went back aus without my concern and my husband and in laws cased against my family n me for demanding property my husband has no contact from me he dint send me money even. my father is heart patient. Every week summon come nd we goes without any mistake we bear insult.we Dnt have enough money to defend ourself.im really scared and under severe mental tension. Plz help me out..iam helpless.

• ansYou should file DV case against your husband and in laws. You should seek protection order and also right to stay in matrimonial home or alternative accommodation and other reliefs.

You can also file 498A if you have been subject to dowry harassment, whereas your husband is bound to maintain you. If he refuses to pay maintenance in your DV case you can seek maintenance from your husband.