Harassed by husband how can I file for divorce

I need a divorce, because my husband is emotionally harassing me and physically abusing me. I need my maintenance, but he's not agreeing for it. What am i supposed to do?

Don't take physical abuse, in case u r abused go to the doctor and get a certificate stating the facts to the doctor for some kind of evidence in the future. You can get maintenance if you are not working irrespective he agrees or not. Either you can file a petition for divorce and seek interim application for maintenance, else u can file maintenance case only if u dont want divorce.
Regards,
Pratap, Adv

There are 3 parts to your question: Divorce, Maintenance and Protection. (A) If you want a divorce, you can file a Petition for Divorce against your husband, in which you can file an Interim Application for Maintenance, meaning in the initial stage itself you can seek maintenance for yourself while the Divorce Case is going on. (B) If you want only maintenance, you can file an Application under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure; (C) If you are suffering abuse and want protection from your husband, you can file a Criminal Complaint with the Police Station.

You can file dowry arrosement case against you husband and also file domestic violence case against him. You can also file Divorce petition on ground of cruelty and mental, physical arrasement and you can also file maintance petition before the family court.