Harassed by husband how can I file for divorce

I need a divorce, because my husband is emotionally harassing me and physically abusing me. I need my maintenance, but he's not agreeing for it. What am i supposed to do?

Answers (3)

183 votes

Don't take physical abuse, in case u r abused go to the doctor and get a certificate stating the facts to the doctor for some kind of evidence in the future. You can get maintenance if you are not working irrespective he agrees or not. Either you can file a petition for divorce and seek interim application for maintenance, else u can file maintenance case only if u dont want divorce.
Pratap, Adv

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

There are 3 parts to your question: Divorce, Maintenance and Protection. (A) If you want a divorce, you can file a Petition for Divorce against your husband, in which you can file an Interim Application for Maintenance, meaning in the initial stage itself you can seek maintenance for yourself while the Divorce Case is going on. (B) If you want only maintenance, you can file an Application under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure; (C) If you are suffering abuse and want protection from your husband, you can file a Criminal Complaint with the Police Station.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
85 votes

You can file dowry arrosement case against you husband and also file domestic violence case against him. You can also file Divorce petition on ground of cruelty and mental, physical arrasement and you can also file maintance petition before the family court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles