Grounds for Divorce

My mother in law is not allowing me to talk with my husband. He is also not willing to talk to me. We've been married for 4 years now. He has not revealed his salary. I have to earn myself and lead my life. He left for Saudi 4 months back without informing me. My mother in law sides him always. She doesn't help or support me in any way.

I guess it is better to apply for divorce. On what grounds can I apply for a divorce?

Answers (1)

81 votes
Since your husband is not interested in you and your mother in law doesn't support you, there is no future in your relationship. File for a divorce on grounds of mental cruelty and seek maintenance and other reliefs. Although a divorce by mutual consent is the best for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles