False domestic violence case filed by wife

Sir, Our marriage last for 7 days. My wife is in police in uttarakhand. Her behaviour was bit rude and she kept distance from me. She went to her parental home and after almost 1 yr she filed dv case with false allegation. Please guide

Answers (2)

221 votes

You can move to High Court and can file quash proceedings or appear in court and file your say and counter all fake allegations. Also if you find that you don't want to move further, You can move with divorce petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

133 votes

Sorry to know about your situation. You will have to contest the domestic violence case filed by your wife. You appoint a local advocate where she has filed the case after receiving summon from the court. If you wish to continue cohabitation then you may also file a case against her.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles