Dowry fedility importancy Torturing to earn money

I got married to a man who can't do sex and he is not interested in having a family he never gives me time, he always tries to send me out while he is home or he goes out when I am home, he left me at my parents place, Doesn't give any money to me for my expenses Whole family gives pressure for dowry, whole family forces me to work and earn money and give it to them,. Husband doesn't take any responsibility of me, Now he is saying you can take divorce forcing me for mutual divorce and denies to give anything, not even my money which my parents gave the jewellery I was working before so took all my money and now he said we will not be together so i am not responsible for anything

Answers (1)

288 votes

You can go for civil as well as criminal case. File for a divorce, but before that lodge a complaint for dowry at the police station and claim maintenance from your husband under section 125 crpc. Also you can claim all your belongings which he has kept as all of them is your stridhan and he cannot deny it. Also you can claim alimony from your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles