Domestic abuse by father and his family of my mother and I.

My parents have been married for around 25 years. His family and he prevented her from teaching (she was teaching before marriage at a reputed school). She was made to stay at home and was given a meagre allowance. My maternal grandparents have been insulted on many occasions by my father. He would also hurl abuses at my mother. He has indulged in physical violence over the years. He has hurt me as well on numerous occasions (one incident happened when I had a injured hand. He had hit me then further causing me more pain ). He has emotionally tortured my mother and I. My mother was not allowed to see her friends or build a network of friends. She has been accused of stealing money many times. My paternal grandmother also emotionally abuses us. My mother wants to leave this man. What are the legal channels we can pursue to rid ourselves of my father ?

Dear queriest, as per your query you if mother has really decided to leave her husband then she can go for divorce on the grounds as mentioned by in your query as mentally and physically tortured by him and his family, your father has tortured your mother last 25 years why she didn't take this call in early stage