Domestic abuse by father and his family of my mother and I.

My parents have been married for around 25 years. His family and he prevented her from teaching (she was teaching before marriage at a reputed school). She was made to stay at home and was given a meagre allowance. My maternal grandparents have been insulted on many occasions by my father. He would also hurl abuses at my mother. He has indulged in physical violence over the years. He has hurt me as well on numerous occasions (one incident happened when I had a injured hand. He had hit me then further causing me more pain ). He has emotionally tortured my mother and I. My mother was not allowed to see her friends or build a network of friends. She has been accused of stealing money many times. My paternal grandmother also emotionally abuses us. My mother wants to leave this man. What are the legal channels we can pursue to rid ourselves of my father ?

Answers (1)

164 votes

Dear queriest, as per your query you if mother has really decided to leave her husband then she can go for divorce on the grounds as mentioned by in your query as mentally and physically tortured by him and his family, your father has tortured your mother last 25 years why she didn't take this call in early stage

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles