Divorcing Husband As Found He's Having Affair

In Divorce Law
Recently discovered husband having affair online with another girl, when confronted he said he's been wanting to separate from two years but as per his mother's advice, didn't tell me and made me come with to stay with his family, we have been living in faridabad till then n during first covid lockdown he made me come to kerala to stay with his parents. And now he's telling me that all through these years he didn't want to live with me but for his parents he did so, and during all these times i have experienced caste discrimination at his house because i belong a lower caste than his, he is brahmin.

Answers (5)

349 votes

So what do you wish to do next. You have many options. If you don’t want to live with him and his behaviour is intolerable towards you then you can always file for divorce. Mutual divorce is less money consuming and gets over by maximum six months. You can also file for maintenance under section 125. For more legal assistance I am just a call away.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

271 votes

you can file a case seeking divorce and alongwith the said case you can also file a case for maintenance.
you can also file a complaint against in laws and proceed with that separately.
the jurisdiction will depend on where are you residing presently and some other things need to be discussed as well.
for further queries please feel free to contact

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
249 votes

Having an extra marital affair with other women while being legally married tantamount to cruelty on the part of the husband. You can initiate legal action against your husband and seek divorce. Further a complaint under DV act can also be filed. It would be better if you seek a detailed consultancy since you need to do homework before filing

298 votes

file a case of cheating and domestic violence and maiantince and then settle your terms for divorce against himf or harassing you you can file divorce case directly on the basis of have lot of civil and criminal actions that you can take against him

253 votes

We need more facts on your case that what do you want now ?….do you want to take divorce or you don't want to take divorce …or do you want to look forward to have permanent alimony for yourself and if these people have been harassing you, then you can even file case against them of 498a & DV… so please be in touch thank you

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles