quesDivorce on caste basis.

I belong to a lower middle class family. My husband (Hindu Brahmin from Nepal) and I (Christian from Mumbai) got married in a temple on 28th Sept, 1998. I have two kids from him. He left me & my kids on 5th Dec, 2007 and never turned back. Since then i have been taking all the responsibilities of my children. I want to file a divorce, but cannot pay a lawyer as i cannot afford one, but its the question of my children's future. Please guide me on. carrying a man's name with me is not as per my will. Lately came to my knowledge that he got married and settled down in Nepal.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYou can take help of district legal aid center if you cannot afford legal fees. Your marriage itself is illegal. Your marriage could not have been solemnized under provisions of Hindu marriage act as you were a Christian at time of marriage. Did you convert to Hinduism at time of marriage. You should have married under provisions of special marriage act your marriage is null and void.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Hi sir, Had 8 years of marriage journey and blessed with 2 baby girls in…
    wife caught red handed with boss. then i got mail of their chatting some screen…
    We got married in the year 2013. It was not registered marriage. We led our…
    What happens in a case where a joint petition is filed for divorce and 50%…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly