×

quesDivorce on caste basis.

I belong to a lower middle class family. My husband (Hindu Brahmin from Nepal) and I (Christian from Mumbai) got married in a temple on 28th Sept, 1998. I have two kids from him. He left me & my kids on 5th Dec, 2007 and never turned back. Since then i have been taking all the responsibilities of my children. I want to file a divorce, but cannot pay a lawyer as i cannot afford one, but its the question of my children's future. Please guide me on. carrying a man's name with me is not as per my will. Lately came to my knowledge that he got married and settled down in Nepal.

• ansYou can take help of district legal aid center if you cannot afford legal fees. Your marriage itself is illegal. Your marriage could not have been solemnized under provisions of Hindu marriage act as you were a Christian at time of marriage. Did you convert to Hinduism at time of marriage. You should have married under provisions of special marriage act your marriage is null and void.