×

quesDivorce in case of missing complaint.

My friend's wife went to her parents home along with her 04yrs old daughter while my friend was abroad. After 04 months when he came back to India and went to his in-laws home to bring back his family they told him that their daughter is not interested to live with him anymore but he kept on meeting his in laws for 04 yrs.

But nothing happened then he finally applied for divorce in the court then wife's brother appeared in the court in a response to court notice and told that his sister had gone somewhere from home and they had lodged a missing complaint at that time in a local police station.then court published a notice in local newspaper asking her to appear before court but she did not appear. Now, please tell us the exact ruling in which divorce has been granted in such case before 07 yrs. Is it possible to get divorce after 04 years of missing or exactly in this particular case. We need to know the ruling for our reference.

• ansNo exact ruling exists. Rulings look very attractive to laymen but more often than not they fall flat in the court. Build your case, independent of any ruling, on the basis of facts.