Divorce as husband abusive & want child custody and maintenance

I am a hindu woman and homemaker married to a hindu man. We have two daughters aged 19 and 11. My husband has been emotinally abusive towards me and my elder daughter and it has started affecting us mentally. My daughter has started showing signs of depression and her studies are affected. My husband at times hits me too infront of our daughters if i try to fight back his abusive words. I want to get divorced from my husband provided i get child custody as i dont want my daughters to face anymore emotinal abuse. But i am afraid I wont get child custody as I dont have any financial help. Also can I get move in to a house which my husband had gifted me and it is in my name?

Answers (1)

223 votes

Considering the situated stated by you is really harmful to you and your daughters future. Here you have to take firm decision to get separate from your husband, then rest all thins will happen as per your requirement. Law is there to protect you and also to fulfill your all needs to survive.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles