×

quesdivorce and maintenance after baby

It's been a year since we are married and we have a baby girl just born. As it looks like laws are women friendly(in terms of property share and maintenance), my wife wants to take advantage of it and trying to file a divorce. Currently my wife is with her parents and had done post graduation, she is not currently working but if she works can earn 35K/month. I discussed with my wife with love to get her away from this divorce maintenance thoughts, but it didn't work. If she files divorce or maintenance, I am not ready to pay even single paisa of maintenance, why should I if I am correct, sincere and committed towards relationship?

• ansif your wife wants divorce better do it by mutual consent . if it is not possible to arrive at an amicable settlement let her file for divorce . you can file RCR under section 9 of HMA . you have not mentioned whether your wife has ever worked in past . merely stated that she is not working now . . you have merely stated that she can earn Rs 35,000 per month . in addition you have not mentioned your income . various factors are taken into account by court while awarding maintenance

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services