Counter Claim to Main Petition of Divorce and GWC

In Divorce Law
Hi\n\nMy Wife deserted me 4 years back and is currently staying in different city by giving an alibi of some contract job. She also took away my kid. So I filed GWC and RCR. RCR mediation was failed for which It was withdrawn and then I filed divorce on grounds on Desertion and Cruelty. Before that I had sent 2 notices to come and join Matrimonial life.\nSo Now she has filed counter claim to both the main petition. Question is, is it permissible in law.

Answers (1)

138 votes

Yes it is permissible in law.. If you file divorce petition against her , she has to file the counter in this regard. If she is not willing to live means then you both can go for mutual consent divorce petition under section 13 b of hindu marriage act. No useful purpose is going to be served by prolonging this divorce petition sir.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles