Contested divorce change to mutual divorce after date for trial given

My husband denied to give divorce in mutal consent.. now the court has been given date for trial.. Can contested one turn to mutual if he agree to give divorce ?

Answers (5)

Yes if u both are ready to go for mutual consent the court will send both of you to mediation there will be 2-3 counseling if everything goes good then it will be converted into mutual consent. he should agree for the mutual consent divorce before the magistrate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, anyone can agree to give mutual consent divorce if another agrees at any stage of proceedings. If he agrees to give mutual consent then file a mutual consent petition with a help of your advocate..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

My husband denied to give divorce in mutal consent.. now the court has been given date for trial.. Can contested one turn to mutual if he agree to give divorce ?

No it cant be turned mutual divorce until the other spouse agreed to give divorce by mutual consent only.

in the contested case you need to prove all the allegation mentioned in the pleading/ petition.

Yes, it can be converted to mutual at any point in time if both spouses are willing to proceed to have a mutual.divorce.
Please lay on your conditions and agree to them mutually so that there lies no doubt post your agreement for mutual divorce

Yes you can convert contested divorce into Mutual consent but it is better to file fresh mutual consent divorce and by filing application you can avoid waiting for six months, and get divorce early, further as converting of contested divorce into Mutual consent is bit trouble some and have to convince the judge get orders amend petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was chased away from husband's house. Thru lawyer I asked him if he is ready for mutual. As he was very mean to me I did not want any money from…

Read More

me and my in-laws finalized the money which we will pay them under mutual understanding procedure. now we came to know that they have placed an FIR be…

Read More

I got marriage before 2 years back, but now i applied fir mutual divorce, but boy is not agreeing to give divorce. What can i do now?…

Read More

Shall I get alimony after getting mutual divorce from my husband if I would work in private sector ?…

Read More