Clarification on grounds for divorce

Divorce but this time girl missing first. husband ready for divorce but this time girl miss go to complaint. for me but not complaint

Answers (2)

133 votes

In case any person is found missing then immediately police complaint has to be given immediately after reasonable search. After registration of FIR, the person is missing and not traced for 7 years, then that person is legally presumed to be dead. There is no need of obtaining divorce even.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

75 votes

In case of girl missing First a police complaint is to be lodged. In case of no advancements, a Writ petition can be filed Before High Court for tracing the girl. Kindly check whether the girl is intentionally hiding from you, if so it will amount to mental cruelty and desertion which are grounds of divorce. If you can find where she is then you can file a case for divorce on the ground of mental cruelty by Wife. By hiding she puts you in a state of fear and anxiety and that's cruelty.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles