×

Clarification on grounds for divorce

I have got register marriage to my boyfriend in the month of june now he is troubling me and asking for divorce what step can i take to subject him to punishment?

I received your mail just before 10minutes.You can book domestic of violence Act in the magistrate court. You can lodge police complaint in the jurisdictional police station for dowery harassment. You can also book restitution of conjugal right in family court.

See,
In the First instance divorce petition cannot be filed within a year of marriage. But some rarest cases are there it can be filed withing a year of marriage. As you told the marriage is registered in the June. There should be one year separation.

you are not informed here that what kind of harassment you are facing.

In case if you want husband you can file the restitution of conjugal right. Or in case if you want to divorce you need to explain the harassment facing by you while submitting the divorce. In divorce case order of punishment will not passing.

Apart from this you have another alternative that is filing of the Case under D V Act. If the Violence is proved he will get punishment.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Dear Madam,
You have not mentioned why your friend troubling for divorce, without any reason nobody will trouble, there may be dowry issue, parents forcing him to take divorce or he want to marry someone, or he have relationship with someone, you plz mention reason accordingly you have solution. if he has forcing for divorce for dowry you can register FIR against him.

Why do you have to punish him? Ask the reason for requesting you for divorce. Has the marriage solemnized? If you have married only in June 2017, you have not yet completed 1 year of marriage and divorce cannot be applied. You can call me after 4.30 PM for further clarifications