×

quescheating wife asking for divorce-husband refusing

My wife is staying separately on rented accommodation alone for now 7 months. She is asking for divorce but I am not in favor of giving divorce. She is having an extramarital affair. Please let me know whether I can bring her into my life legally? I tried to talk to her but she's not agreeing to come back. Can I take any action against that paramour and my wife?

• ansIf your wife is not interested in staying with you then best option is to go for divorce by mutual consent. You can't force your wife to stay with you its her personal choice. Even if you file for RCR and obtain a decree in your favor but your wife may refuse to stay with you.

If you file for RCR as a counter your wife may file case of DV , 498A against you and your family members which will make you spend more money on legal fees and make you run around courts. If you want to take action against her paramour you can file case of adultery against him under section 497 of IPC. However please note that your wife wont be convicted under this section as an abettor.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services