cheating man- wife wants to divorce and gf wants to sue

What to do if girlfriend wants to file a case against my husband for cheating, how can we take some precautions to protect him before hand. He lied that he is single and had an affair with her. Latergf on regretted and confessed. But that girl has been giving warning to take actions against him to take revenge. Also advice on to get separated from my husband. We have two kids, who has the chances of getting custody as husband doesn't have a fixed income.

You are required to file for divorce if you want to get separated from your husband. Infidelity of your husband is a ground on which you can claim divorce. If you are financially better placed than your husband then you may get the custody of children.

Whereas, it is advised that go for mutual divorce rather than contesting a divorce