Cancellation of Marriage Certificate from Marriage Registrar

I have now Divorce decree with me. what is the procedure to cancel the Marriage Certificate through Marriage Registrar? Marriage Registrar is saying that he will write by Hand on the Marriage certificate that as per divorce decree marriage certificate is cancelled! Is there any guidelines, how the Marriage Registrar should do correctly Cancellation of Marriage Certificate. I mean, On a paper I need that specific Marriage certificate with number xxx is cancelled as per divorce decree dated xxx issued by court xx. Please share the format. which needs to be signed by Marriage Registrar. Thank you alot for the kind help.

Sir, Do one thing, first obtain certified copy of the judgment and decree of divorce case, then make a request letter with enclosing of judgment and decree, that request to the sub-registrar for cancel the marriage certificate as per the judgment and decree of the court. On your request the sub-registrar cancel it, otherwise make an application to same court after expiry of appeal period with stating that direct the sub-registrar to cancel the marriage certificate. This is the way you can approach the concern authority to cancel the marriage certificate.

Hi...there is no exact format for cancellations of marriage certificate .For cancellation of marriage certificate you have to file a file application before the same authority where you got the certificate.
Thank you