Can Wife File Adultery Case Against Husband?

Hindu. married Nov 2013. Husband left for Malaysia on Aug '14. He shared flat with a female colleague there and did not take up my financial responsibility. I lived with p He came to India in July '17 and lied to me n went to Pattaya with the same lady. I have the hotel bill they stayed in a same room. He blamed me for being suspicious and as I am being treated with depression wants to divorce me and my father in law verbally told me to leave their house. I left him and came back to my parents house. Now my husband wants a divorce citing desertion and cruelty. I am a Phd student and my husband has never taken my financial responsibility. He is alcoholic and his parents are abusive. The lady he is involved with has gone for a mutual divorce on jan 2018. I do not have any kids. Can i file a case of adultery against hsbnd? How to contest the case of desertion filed by him? Can i get monetary compensation to fight case as i m on phd stipend and no job.

Yes you can file criminal case against your husband by filing criminal charges for adultery against your husband if you have proof to substantiate the charge. and you may also seek alimony from him.
File 125 CrPC case, case under domestic violation act, and under 498A IPC case. You have to spend some money in the beginning, but within 6 months you would be able to get an interim order for maintenance.
BUT ALL OF THESE DEPENDS ON WHAT EVIDENCE AND PROVE OF HIS INCOME YOU HAVE.
Defend yourself in the case filed by your husband for divorce.

If your husband file a divorce case then you can defend the case and you can file a case under section 125 of the Cr.P. C for your maintenance before the court. And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

yes you can definitely file a case of adultery against your husband. the case of desertion can be contested through any divorce advocate. you can easily claim for monetary compensation to fight your case and even can claim for monthly or permanent alimony. it would be better to make you understand the full thing if we can had a face to face interaction. i would recommend you to case a case against your husband in order to secure your reputation and future.