Can Wife File Adultery Case Against Husband?

Hindu. married Nov 2013. Husband left for Malaysia on Aug '14. He shared flat with a female colleague there and did not take up my financial responsibility. I lived with p He came to India in July '17 and lied to me n went to Pattaya with the same lady. I have the hotel bill they stayed in a same room. He blamed me for being suspicious and as I am being treated with depression wants to divorce me and my father in law verbally told me to leave their house. I left him and came back to my parents house. Now my husband wants a divorce citing desertion and cruelty. I am a Phd student and my husband has never taken my financial responsibility. He is alcoholic and his parents are abusive. The lady he is involved with has gone for a mutual divorce on jan 2018. I do not have any kids. Can i file a case of adultery against hsbnd? How to contest the case of desertion filed by him? Can i get monetary compensation to fight case as i m on phd stipend and no job.

Answers (3)

Yes you can file criminal case against your husband by filing criminal charges for adultery against your husband if you have proof to substantiate the charge. and you may also seek alimony from him.
File 125 CrPC case, case under domestic violation act, and under 498A IPC case. You have to spend some money in the beginning, but within 6 months you would be able to get an interim order for maintenance.
Defend yourself in the case filed by your husband for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If your husband file a divorce case then you can defend the case and you can file a case under section 125 of the Cr.P. C for your maintenance before the court. And without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

yes you can definitely file a case of adultery against your husband. the case of desertion can be contested through any divorce advocate. you can easily claim for monetary compensation to fight your case and even can claim for monthly or permanent alimony. it would be better to make you understand the full thing if we can had a face to face interaction. i would recommend you to case a case against your husband in order to secure your reputation and future.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Married for last 12years..spouse does'nt want divorce..i have extra marital affair with a married lady who also wants divorce from her husband bt …

Read More

Hi am working in bokaro Steel plant as a assistant, my wife is working in GARHWA as a clerk in DC office. I have come to know that she is engaged with…

Read More

I am born and brought up in Delhi and am married to a businessman in Mumbai. I have been married for 7 years. For the last 4 years I remained silent k…

Read More

Hi sir/ madam, we both hindu, We have married 5 years back.. But recently my wife has married another person without aware of mine.. But i found it ea…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue