×

quescan my wife file for a divorce if i do not want it

Me and my wife have been married for close to 3 years now. My wife has lost interest in the marriage and wants to live alone. She herself says that there is no fault of mine and that she wants divorce just to live alone, and that she doesn't like marriage in the first place, and there is nothing wrong with me. She just says, she did a mistake by marrying. And she realized now that she likes living alone better wherein I have failed in convincing her to stay married. I don't want the divorce as I still like her and want to stay with her and I have no plans of second marriage or anything. What legal options does she have? Can she still go ahead and file for a divorce if I don't want it, and if there is no fault of mine? What legal options do I have in such a case that she files for a divorce?

• ansThe option you have it's to file for restitution of conjugal rights. However if your wife does not want to continue in the marriage you can not force her even if the court orders her to live with you.

Our advice is to go for a mutually consented divorce tho avoid further unwanted complications as three years were good enough to sort things out. Once you file for divorce there will be six months cooling off period during which you can once again try saving the marriage. The divorce will be ordered in six month's time from the time of filing of divorce.