Can i apply for divorce if wife has an extra marital affair

How to take divorce with a women if she has extra marital affair in such condition when law 75% favour of women

Answers (5)

312 votes

Yes, u can file a case of divorce on the ground of cruelty, as, as per ur version ur wife having extra marital affairs. U can take divorce on the ground of Adultery but u must have concrete proof in this regard and if the proof is reliable than u can take divorce from the concerned courts and also the maintenance petitions of ur wife will not survive. Thanx ND regards for sharing ur views with me..... Adv. Kumar Anand.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

If you have evidenced of her extra marital affair then you have an upper hand. Otherwise you will face fire consequesnes as you are correct that law favours women's in these issues. So prepare and then take action.
Ruchit Dugar

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
109 votes

There is a law provided under the hindu marriage act to take divorce if spouse has extra marital affair. You can file divorce on the ground alone and obtain a decree or divorce against your wife. U can also

186 votes

If your wife is extra marital affair then do you have any primary evidence on the same issues.If not then adultery u/s 497 can not be proved therefore it will be bit difficult to Claim adultery as a ground of divorce.Secondly there may be other grounds as well on which divorce can be granted.Thanks.

87 votes

In response of your query i respond as under:-
As per section 13(1) of Hindu marriage act if your wife is in illegal relation with other person in that case you may file a divorce petetion against your wife but you have to prove that she is in ileegal relation with other person.
You may get divorce from her.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles