Can a women remarry after attaining khula nama

10-Aug-2023 (In Divorce Law)
How can I do secand marriage. I fill khula naama. How can I re-marry?
Answers (5)

Answer #1
318 votes

Yes, a Muslim woman can remarry after obtaining a divorce through khula under Muslim law in India. It allows a Muslim wife to seek a divorce from her husband by mutual agreement or through a court if she is not able to live with her husband due to his ill-treatment, cruelty, or desertion. Khula is a form of divorce initiated by the wife, where she seeks dissolution of the marriage from the husband by returning her dower or any other property that she may have received from him.

Under Muslim personal law, once a khula divorce is granted, the woman becomes free to remarry after the completion of the iddat period. The iddat period is a waiting period of three menstrual cycles after the khula divorce, during which the woman is considered to be in a state of temporary marriage and is not allowed to remarry.

After the completion of the iddat period, the woman is free to marry anyone she chooses, subject to the other conditions of Muslim personal law, such as the requirement for the consent of the bride and the groom, the presence of witnesses, and other customary requirements.

Answer #2
525 votes
You can do second marriage after completing the procedure as filed under Khula nama.
as per Muslim personal law you also have to follow the Iddat time period and after that you can go for second marriage.
Answer #3
832 votes
Yes, you can remarry after Khulla but we he Khulna declared before Kazi with 4 muslim witness and translanslation in English , notary Khulla is not valid , you can performed second marriage after Kazi Khulna.
Answer #4
948 votes
This is my response to you:
1. You can remarry now;
2. Approach a local family dispute/divorce lawyer and take help;
3. Also incomplete facts have been provided;
4. Only once you state complete facts then only best legal opinion can be given.
Answer #5
480 votes
  1. Khula in Islam:
    • Khula is a legal and Islamic procedure that allows a Muslim woman to initiate divorce from her husband by seeking a separation through mutual consent.
  2. Procedure for Khula:
    • In a Khula, the wife typically offers compensation or returns the 'Mehr' (dower) received from her husband as part of the marriage contract in exchange for her freedom from the marriage.
  3. Remarriage After Khula:
    • After a woman has obtained a Khula and the marriage is dissolved, she is free to remarry if she wishes, but there are certain conditions to consider:
      • The waiting period ('Iddah') must be observed. During this period, the woman cannot remarry and must wait to ensure she is not pregnant.
      • After the Iddah period, the woman is considered free to remarry anyone, including her former husband if they both wish to reconcile.
  4. Difference Between Khula and Talaq:
    • Khula is initiated by the wife, whereas Talaq is initiated by the husband.
    • In Khula, the wife typically offers something in return for the divorce, while Talaq is a unilateral pronouncement of divorce by the husband.
  5. Consultation with Religious Authorities:
    • In matters of Islamic divorce like Khula, it is advisable to consult with religious authorities or scholars who can provide guidance on the correct procedures and adherence to Islamic principles.
  6. Legal Aspects:
    • In addition to Islamic divorce procedures, there may be legal aspects to consider based on the laws of the country where the marriage took place.
In conclusion, Khula is a recognized procedure in Islamic law that allows a woman to seek a divorce from her husband by mutual consent. After obtaining a Khula and observing the waiting period, a woman is free to remarry, including the option to remarry her former husband if both parties agree. It is essential to follow the correct procedures and seek guidance from religious authorities when dealing with Islamic divorce matters.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."