×

quesBrother & his wife threatening to commit suicide

I parted ways from my family. It's been more than a year. Ours was a joint family including three brothers with their respective wives, children and my mother. I got my property share and we shifted to a new home with my youngest brother, his wife and children. However, the youngest brother is also a drunkard. He has been admitted in the rehabilitation center a lot of times and his wife on the other hand is very dangerous and of a clever nature. Now the problem is that some time back my mother came to stay with me. She said that she couldn't live with them there since the youngest brother's wife is alwys shouting and both of them say a lot of times that they will commit suicide and put the blame on us. I've been living seprate for the last 1 year but our offices are combined under one plot. Plz advise. Can police take any action against us?

• ansYou can start off by recording the telephonic threats received from your brother and his wife. The police will only take action against you if the brother or his wife leave behind a suicide note complaining about harassment from you. You can collect all records of threats.

Kindly file a report in your local police station in writing and sent a copy of that to SP and DGP keep a copy of that.

Make a request in that for taking early action in this regard.

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services