Brother & his wife threatening to commit suicide

I parted ways from my family. It's been more than a year. Ours was a joint family including three brothers with their respective wives, children and my mother. I got my property share and we shifted to a new home with my youngest brother, his wife and children. However, the youngest brother is also a drunkard. He has been admitted in the rehabilitation center a lot of times and his wife on the other hand is very dangerous and of a clever nature. Now the problem is that some time back my mother came to stay with me. She said that she couldn't live with them there since the youngest brother's wife is alwys shouting and both of them say a lot of times that they will commit suicide and put the blame on us. I've been living seprate for the last 1 year but our offices are combined under one plot. Plz advise. Can police take any action against us?

Answers (1)

498 votes
You can start off by recording the telephonic threats received from your brother and his wife. The police will only take action against you if the brother or his wife leave behind a suicide note complaining about harassment from you. You can collect all records of threats.

Kindly file a report in your local police station in writing and sent a copy of that to SP and DGP keep a copy of that.

Make a request in that for taking early action in this regard.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles