Approx time required to get contested divorce

Sir/Madam I am 43 year old hindu and married for 11 years, I have a 7 year old daughter, My wife is very aggresive and did not like mother (63 year ) to live with us and used to beat my mother after my going to office. When situation wad out of control we filed NCR, against NCR she also,made some complaint in her maternal home town. Where after councelling she write if my mother will live in house then she will not live with me. To save family I wrote till our relations gets ok I will send my mother to my sisters house, As she has also extra marrital affair she sleeps in other room with door closed so that she can talk and chatt on sms and whatsapp, She also abuses us very badly and during conversation she direct holds my collar, She also denied that she will never accept me as her husband and will not sleep with me at all, What should I do pics of her with her boyfriend and chatt and call data downloaded from her mobile to pendrive is avl,

Answers (1)

263 votes

Dear Sir,
You can get divorce on the basis of non cooperation of wife for sex is one of major ground as per SC recent judgment. Secondly your mother may file DV case against her daughter in law.
Non consummation of marriage entitles you to get divorce. Supreme Court Says, "Spouses owe rights and duties to each other and in their relationship they must act reasonably."
A petition for divorce under Section 13 (1)(1-a) and (iii) of the HMA on the ground of cruelty as well mental disorder.can be filed by you.
The Court observed, “Undoubtedly, not allowing a spouse for a long time, to have sexual intercourse by his or her partner, without sufficient reason, itself amounts mental cruelty to such spouse. A Bench of Three Judges of this Court in Samar Ghosh Vs. Jaya Ghosh (2007) 4 SCC 511 has enumerated some of the illustrations of mental cruelty.”...
Mother in law can DV case
Supreme Court of India
Hiral P. Harsora And Ors vs Kusum Narottamdas Harsora And Ors on 6 October, 2016
Author: ……………………J.
Bench: Kurian Joseph, Rohinton Fali Nariman

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles