agreed for reunion, how to withdraw 498a case?

Sir, My husband filed divorce case and 2 police cases against me due to some family misunderstanding issues 2 years before.. i am having kids, at that critical situation, from my side, conjugal rights, domestic violence act, 498 a case against him as the lawyers advice.. Now, my husband came to me and agreed for reunion. i m also willing in reunion. But, his condition is, i have to accept that i have filed false case and i have to withdraw all the cases, after that he will withdraw his case in court..what i have to do next? please guide me sir. .. how i can withdraw my 498a case?

Answers (2)

278 votes

You cannot withdraw as such but you both can file compromise purshis and by getting hostile can dispose off the said case in a speedy way. It is advisable that instead of saying false cases you can plead that due to misunderstanding and out of anger the present litigations were filled against each other. If anyone of you say that "false case". Then either party can sue the other party for the offense of perjury & malicious prosecution. Orally either party can say "false case" but not in writing . This is an opinion for your information decision is yours.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

163 votes

All the proceedings between the parties can be quashed by filing petitions in high court. You both have to arrive at consent terms and all proceedings against each other can be withdrawn. Contact me for details.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles