About void marriage and customary divorce

Hi sir my relative is hindu she was married forcely at age of 13 with her relative on 1978 later only she came to know her husband was already married and he live with first wife .she inform to her mom within a year my relatives approach customary divorce to panchayat ,they were separated by panchayat. Later 10 years at her age of 24 a person married her he know all past things and accept her and begot childrens. Now her second married husband passed away for to get legal heir certificate they her as his wife because of her first child happened,they not accept panchayatdivorce. My quetion is her marriage annullment at a time of marriage because her first marriage is bigamy her first husband hide the truth of his living first wife and her marriage happen at age of 13. By law her first marriage is void is it necessary to get divorce by court she got divorce by customary panchayat. Could she have chance to get legal heircertificate of her second married husband as a wife.pls reply me .

Answers (1)

85 votes

are you Advocate. the narrations are looking that an advocate. the supreme court has issued a citation that customary divorce is not valid under since divorce proceedings act was came during 1955. the customary divorce has to be challenged before high court only

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles