mental harrassment , blackmailing and cyber bullying

15-May-2024 (In Cyber Crime Law)
my ex girlfriend harrassing me after i broke up with him because she was lying to me and now she is calling me with random numbers from 1 week and i am telling her to please leave me alone and she's not listening to me and mentally harrassing me and blackmailing me by our old texts, please tell me what should i do now.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
586 votes
You can file a case against her under 506 IPC for criminal intimidation and if she is trying to extort from you then 383 IPC too. This thing can save you in future if she tries to file a FIR against you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
759 votes
hi. you have one option, please do complain in the cyber police station of your area. you can do it online and after filing a complaint visit your area police station who handle cyber cases. it would be better if you will do it with you lawyer. the waitage will be more. and plz if police ask for money don't give it. whatever the proof you have either it's what's app images and it for future. it can be work as an evidence. it will be better if you will do complaint as soon as possible because the girl can use this time for becoming victim.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."