What will be time limit to register a criminal case?

Dear sir i want to know that what is the time limit to file a police case.. opposite party has filed a case against us...... and 10 days has passed... is there is any way to file a police case...please solve my problem

File a case against the persons in written with the concerned police station if they refused to file u can file a private complaint before the court ......the court be take the initiative and in finnding ur complaint ligible

The sooner the better, I would suggest you not to delay unnecessarily of you intend to register the case. If police shows reluctance to file a case then in that eventuality you may file application under 156(3)crpc.

If saying practically, there is no time limit to file a criminal police case. It is the court only which can decide the time limit, if required. You can file a cross police case or in the alternative a private complaint against your opponent regardless of the fact that you are going to file it after a lapse of 10 days. Now come on the legal aspect of time limit in Criminal law. A criminal case can be filed within one year of its commi ssion or when the victim comes to know of the offence or its consequences for the first time.
Thanks