What will be time limit to register a criminal case?

Dear sir i want to know that what is the time limit to file a police case.. opposite party has filed a case against us...... and 10 days has passed... is there is any way to file a police case...please solve my problem

Answers (3)

104 votes

File a case against the persons in written with the concerned police station if they refused to file u can file a private complaint before the court ......the court be take the initiative and in finnding ur complaint ligible

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

146 votes

The sooner the better, I would suggest you not to delay unnecessarily of you intend to register the case. If police shows reluctance to file a case then in that eventuality you may file application under 156(3)crpc.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
101 votes

If saying practically, there is no time limit to file a criminal police case. It is the court only which can decide the time limit, if required. You can file a cross police case or in the alternative a private complaint against your opponent regardless of the fact that you are going to file it after a lapse of 10 days. Now come on the legal aspect of time limit in Criminal law. A criminal case can be filed within one year of its commi ssion or when the victim comes to know of the offence or its consequences for the first time.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles