What to do if their is illegal demolition of house by someone on my property ?

17-Jul-2024 (In Criminal Law)
we just started construction of house in our property...the basement and first floor completed. Few rowdies who are claiming to be the owner of my property demolished my construction. PLEASE suggest what should i do? plz tell me what are the rules for demolishing a house in india ?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
945 votes
Hi..You file a complaint before jurisdictional police about their goonda act and also you can file a civil suit against Them for encroaching your property and obtain stay from the court and Also claim for the damages.
Thank you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
950 votes
You should do one thing, you have option to file Suit against them for the relief of declaration declare that the you are the absolute owner in peaceful possession and permanent injunction. You can also seek relief that restore the building as is earlier and compontiotion for damage the property. Prior to the suit, you better to lodge Criminal Complaint against them. For further details contact me
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
808 votes
Option to move court and obtain stay order and file a suit for damages.
Its trespass of the property by a person under Section 441 of the Indian Penal Code, 1860. First, You need to complain in the police station book an FIR for stress passing, manhandling and property demolition
You need to complain in the police station book an FIR for stress passing, manhandling and property demolition
The punishment of criminal trespass has been defined in Section 447 of the Indian Penal Code.
If a stranger has trespassed upon your property then, he shall be liable for punishment under criminal trespass.
The punishment for criminal trespass is imprisonment which may extend to 3 months or fine which may extend to 500 rupees or both.
Finable up to 500 rupees
Imprisonment which may extend to 3 months.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."