What to do if the police registers an FIR under section 420 IPC

What should I do police registered a for against me and my wife IPC 406,420 and on my father who was died one year ago.they don't have any legal proof against us however alligation of 55 lac ,kindly let me know what will happen further in this case

Answers (5)

59 votes

your facts are incomplete no FIR is lodged without any prime a facie proof , there must be something. so first of all obtain a copy of FIR as that will tell the details of allegation. Then approach a lawyer for bail. In the meantime after reading the allegation in detail defence can be prepared. so right now you need to get the details for proper defence.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

63 votes

lnvestigation officer will investigate the case if found something against you all and than he will file chargesheet against you or your mother or both. if think still no evidence or document is not against you rhan you can go for quashing the fir registered against you otherwise you can also for anticipatory bail for both or one after another.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
305 votes

First you apply for anticipatory bail and after getting anticipatory bail then you can approach to the police officials with all the documents to prove that u are innocent. If you do not get anticipatory bail the police will arrest you and keep you in custody.

95 votes

First of all you should move a bail application to the concerned magistrate. Details of the case are very necessary before jumping in to the conclusion. Kindly elaborate the matter in detail. Meanwhile you can file bail application.

280 votes

You can go for anticipatory bail in the case. s far as, case against your father is concerned, that shall come to an end automatically, once the report his death is received by the police. a proper advise can only be give on receipt of Copy of FIR and your version.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles