How to remove fir from police station?

04-Jul-2024 (In Criminal Law)
Hi, can we get the online FIR deleted once the case is closed in favour or us?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
291 votes

Once an FIR (First Information Report) is filed, it is generally uploaded to the online portal of the police department. The FIR remains on the online portal until the matter is disposed of by the court.

If the matter has been disposed of and the person against whom the FIR was filed has been acquitted or the charges have been dropped, then they may be able to request the removal of the FIR from the online portal. The process for getting an FIR deleted from an online portal may vary depending on the state and local laws.

In some states, an application can be submitted to the Superintendent of Police (SP) or the Director General of Police (DGP) with a copy of the court order. The SP or DGP may then order the concerned police station to remove the FIR from the online portal.

In other states, there may be a provision for filing a petition in the High Court to get the FIR removed from the online portal.

Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
587 votes
Dear sir or madam,
Not possible to closed to FIR online. There two option, if the alleged offences are compoundable offences, after filinf chargesheet, before court complainant and accused can joined memo or if case is in crime stage you have to approach high court to quash entire proceedings .
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
614 votes
Hi...if u want delete the fir which is available on online aftrt closeing of your case you have to file a petition before high court and you have to get deleated you name name in online ther only
Thank you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #4
734 votes
Yes.the concerned police have the power to delete the FIR after matter got disposed so please approach concerned police station along with certified copy the order that matter disposed in your favour and request the concerned authority to delete the FIR online portal.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."