Suicidal threat by maternal grandmother as mother an adopted child

My maternal grandmother had adopted my mother . Now she is living with us,, she does disrespect us whole day and do mental torture since she has no blood relation with us as she had adopted my mother .. now she is harrasing us by saying that she would sucide and would put blame on us .. what can i do legaly to get out of this thing.. as she is an old citizen and a women ... i really want something on that.. please help me...

Answers (1)

226 votes

I understand that she is adoptee grandmother of yours and old and irrupting. Legally speaking you might not like to report the matter to Police, but what you can do for your safety is record her such statements and if need be report the matter to the Police like a preliminary application only not FIR. Let her have a little fear of law and even if any untoward act is committed later on, the blame should not be you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles