Sexual harassment by father-in-law

I have a sister who led peaceful life, but her father-in-law tried to abuse her sexually. Anyhow she denied all attempts just because of husband's support. But her husband has an illegal affair with another woman. So my sister applied for divorce. She filed complaint on her father-in-law, the defending lawyer from their side said he is old so he can't appear in the court, he is a womanizer. Many of my relatives in his hometown saw him lead a usual life.

We would like to get an arrest warrant on him? What to do ? How to do ? Because my sister went under so much mental torture.

Answers (1)

286 votes
You have to mention that father in law is physically fit and keeps on moving around in city. Pray for issue of bailable warrant against your father in law. If in-spite of issue of a bailable warrant he does not attend court, he can issue non - bailable warrant against your father in law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles