Can the police remove sections from an FIR when preparing the charge sheet?

17-Jul-2024 (In Criminal Law)
We filed a case under sections 323/341/379/34 in 2016, but after the charge sheet, the police removed section 379 due to opposition. We were not present at the time of the charge sheet. We're unsure whom to approach regarding this matter. Currently, hearings have begun, and the opposing party has attended around 10 hearings.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
872 votes
you can file protest petition in the concerning court now and further at the time of framing of charge magistrate will ad up this section. and by this way you can again ad them in your case. if still there is any other query then you can contact.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
892 votes
An application can be filed under section 216 of Code of Criminal Procedure for alteration of charge in the same court where the case is pending.

The court can then add changes against the accused if it finds is appropriate to do so. If any witness had been examined before then that witness call be recalled to give fresh statement.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."