Received Notice under IPC article 160 by Police for statement

In Criminal Law
Police sent noticer under 160 for enquiry in case of Financial Fraud. Wanted to understand if person must present physically in police station for statement or there can be other ways and if yes, how to ask for those. Also can Police asks for statement multiple times as part of single notice.

Answers (1)

191 votes

once you receive the notice, you need to comply with it by producing documents and giving statements so as to co-operate with the investigation. there are chances that you could be arrested during the said investigation. it is always advisable to appear before the police with a lawyer or have the lawyer first talk to the police to ascertain the facts.
an anticipatory bail application may be helpful eventually.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles