Quashing of 498A FIR in High court after charge sheet has been filed

Hi 498a fir was lodged against me and now IO has filed chargesheet in the court without arrest I am having a strong evidence to prove myself innocent can i go for quashing the chargesheet in high court

Answers (3)

199 votes

Yes you can approach for the quashing of the FIR before the high court as contested and if there is any settlement between the parties than also you both the parties can file the quashing for the quashing of the FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

88 votes

Hello client hru.
I have read Ur query according to u u have been allegated Buba false FIR of 498 A IPC against you chargesheet has been filled in Ur case by the IO .you are having a strong evidence tht Ur inocent in this matter you can prove Ur inocence in court . So in this case we can move to high court .

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
291 votes

Dear Sir

Since you are saying that you have a strong evidence, that may very well prove handy to get the FIR quashed. The FIR is quashed under Section 482 of Cr. PC. The important thing that the court looks into while looking into a quashing case is, that whether the ingredients of the offense are made out as per the FIR which means that FIR should prima facie disclose that ingredients as per the IPC section are made out otherwise same is liable to be quashed . I would be in better position to help you out if you can share the FIR with me. Please feel free to contact me.

Ambanshu Sahni
Supreme Court of India

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My wife deserted me along with daughter(4.10yrs now) on Jul/15 then during Dec/15 lodged DVA for interim but till trial is on! referred even mediation…

Read More

After my mom died my dad married my step mom with whom my relations were not good. I left home after that and had no plans of returning until I found …

Read More

My phone was stolen on 18th December. On17 the may it was recovered by the police as the culprit was my own driver. The police didn't call me or i…

Read More

A boy cheated me by hiding his marital status.I disclosed same to his wife. In anger i threatend them of filing complaint against them and also called…

Read More