Procedure to file case of dowry harassment against husband & In laws

I want to complain against my husband and inlawas.bcog they always demand dowary. But now we have not fulfilled their demsnd now they want divorce..but i dont want divorce..please suggest me wgere to file my case and how?

Answers (5)

Divorce is not an easy thing unless it will be with the consent of both the parties u/s 13B. You can file complaint with the women cell 2. You can file dowry case under section 498-a, 3. You can file case under domestic violence 4. You can claim maintenance. regards, Adv Malhotra

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

HI Dear
You can file police complaint in local police station or local women cell with regard to harassment faced by you in the hands of your husband and in laws.

No one can force you for's upto you to give or not.even if your husband file divorce under section 13 that can also be contested in the court of law.
Please mention years of marriage,no of issues, and are you working or not to seek proper advice.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

first all all if they will file a case under 13 of HMA to sought divorce then court will summined you and with ur reply u can move an application under sectio 24 of HM Act.
second u can file a petition under section 125 crpc for maintenance.
thirdly u can file a case under dowry act and 406. 489 A of IPX.
fourthly u can file a complaint under DV Act.

You may gove complaint to police regarding the dowry demands and the poluce officials can register a case against your husband and in laws under section 498a. It is the best remedy as after registration they all have to go to jail for sure

Youay file it to in illaqa JMIC court. You should come with all supportive documents and facts.
Fix meeting with us after taking appointment via online. You will get best outcome from our team. You may file DV complaint against all the in-laws family, who are involve in DV.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

In how many days kidnap case is bailable he is a business man…

Read More

My husband harasses me (physical and mentally) and demands for dowry, my father already have fulfilled their demand of rs 15 lakhs, but still my husba…

Read More

Against stay order in allahabad highcourt can I file a caviet as notification under 498a, which notify me about activities from my in-laws for stat un…

Read More


Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue