Possibility of getting bail for case charged u/s 302 of IPC

24-Jan-2023 (In Criminal Law)
My stepmom killed my grandfather 2 years ago and is in jail. A trial is still going on on her under ipc 302. She has applied for a bail in high court. Would she get a bail? If yes then under what conditions?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
757 votes
Bail can not be granted because she is directly involved in the murder case and evidence is going on so she can win over the witnessess, therefore she will not be given bail in any circumstances. High court will reject her bail application

Answer #2
668 votes
Murder u/s 302 of IPC is a non-bailable offence. In such kind of offences its is a matter of dicreation of the courts not a matter of right. So granting bail to accused is depend upon the court and she itself would see the nature of the offence and cirmustances arose at the of crime.
Answer #3
859 votes
The bail is the discretionary powers of the Presiding Officer. Moreover in the case of 302 trying to conveyance the court your stepmon was not having such kind of intention to murder. the same has been happened by chance and is an accident.
Answer #4
190 votes
Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) deals with the offense of murder, and it is considered a heinous crime. Whether bail is granted in a case charged under Section 302 of IPC depends on various factors, and it's essential to understand the legal aspects associated with it.
Here are key points to consider regarding bail in cases charged under Section 302 of IPC:
  1. Nature of the Offense: Murder is a grave offense, and courts treat it with utmost seriousness due to its severe implications. Generally, it is considered a non-bailable offense.
  2. Bailable or Non-Bailable: In most cases, Section 302 of IPC is categorized as a non-bailable offense. This means that the accused is not entitled to bail as a matter of right.
  3. Bail Application: If an accused wishes to seek bail in a Section 302 case, they must apply for it. The court will evaluate various factors before deciding whether to grant bail.
  4. Judicial Discretion: Bail in murder cases is often a matter of judicial discretion. Courts consider factors such as the strength of evidence, the severity of the crime, the accused's criminal record, and the likelihood of the accused tampering with witnesses or absconding.
  5. Burden of Proof: The burden of proving that the accused is entitled to bail lies with the accused. They must present convincing arguments to demonstrate why bail should be granted.
  6. Bail Conditions: If the court decides to grant bail, it may impose certain conditions, such as surrendering the passport, not leaving the jurisdiction, or reporting to the police regularly.
  7. Public Interest: Courts also consider the interests of justice and public safety when deciding bail in murder cases. The primary concern is often to ensure that the accused does not interfere with the investigation or pose a threat to society.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."