quesPending dowry case applying for govt. exmas

My sister-in-law (elder brother's wife ) field dowry case angst me, my brother and my parents. Sir I want to know that is there any problem in join a government sector job because I am preparing for government sector exams?

  • ansYou need to disclose the fact that you have a dowry case pending against you. If you are selected your appointment would be kept in abeyance till final decision in dowry case. On 28 July, 2008 CAT mere registration of an FIR, contents whereof may, however, disclose commission of an offence would be sufficient to put on temporary hold appointment of the candidate.

    His candidature, in our considered view, can be kept in abeyance till final decision of the criminal case. The department would thus be within its right to await the final outcome of the criminal case in which the candidate may be involved. It is settled proposition of law by now that the employer would have a right and be thus justified to verify the character and antecedents of a candidate before issuing him letter of appointment.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

sir one year back i use to talk to a girl on chat and as…

Crime (women supply) comitted by tenant and owner of residential flat was unaware.. Police asking…

I got My NTC from Police Station for bike lost, What is My next step?…
It is to inform a criminal case was registered under section 13(2) R/w 13(e) of…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly