One of the known person taken our our on agreement to pay the emis

In Criminal Law
We had lend our car to third person on agreement and he agreed to pay the emis regularly and if he is failed to pay the emis he shud return the Car, but from June he blocked my number and even we don't know where the Car is ,we have filed a complaint but we have given the agreement copy as a proof but dint know that giving the agreement in complaint will create problem , now police saying that since you have agreed to give on agreement paper they are not filing FIR , and saying it's a civil case , so can I now in any other way file a theft compliant again and lodge FIR to claim for insurance ,,can anyone help me ways to sort this out

Answers (1)

230 votes
hi you can file a civil suit asking him to perform hos obligations as per the agreement and need to see the clauses of agreement then you can proceed and otherwise you can ask him to pay the emis or return the car as per agreement by sending legal notice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."